- “Eidon is een solo artiest uit Leuven die zijn muziek bestempelt als progressive rock, wat in deze tijden al bijzonder is. Maar hij put ook uit mathrock, minimal music, jazz, etnische muziek,... Hij zou perfect passen als support van Gogo Penguin, Battles of Dijf Sanders en kan op termijn misschien wel een plaats veroveren op zowel Rock Werchter als Gent Jazz of Couleur Café. Benieuwd hoe hij dit live brengt."
Roel Vergauwen, Rock Werchter programmator.
- "Il faut bien se rendre à l'évidence, Eidon Veda pratique l'allégorie mutante et mobile, d'intentions inventives, de personnages (...), conscient d'y placer quelques pièges, des trappes inattendues, des fils fragiles, tendus au point de rompre."
nocoVision (Thierry Massard), https://www.nocovision.com/2022/11/a-year-with-eidon-veda.html
- "This is really terrific: it grooves, it develops, and it's got a nicely layered mix of complexity and simplicity. Bravo!"
- "listened to [your] music. it's fascinating. i can see how it gives you a metaphor for the emergence of life."
Howard Bloom, music publicist for Prince, Billy Joel, and Styx.
Hello, my name is Eidon. I am a composer, musician, singer, and researcher. In what follows I tell you a few facts about me!
- My music is on Bandcamp, YouTube, Reverbnation, and Vi.Be.
- I have written seven albums: Eidon, II, Ley Lines, Tensegrity, Railroad Tracks, Unknow, and Ballet Mécanique. A detailed description of the latest three album was kindly provide by nocoVision in their post ``A year with Eidon Veda".
- I have recently written a new score for the Dadaist post-Cubist art film by Fernand Léger, "Ballet Mécanique". A "meta Dada" videoclip is now available on Youtube. The Wikipedia article about the film now cites my score, "euqinacèM".
- Together with the German composers Stefan Werni and Christian Jendreiko and the Chilean researcher Tomas Veloz I co-created the composition
"Reaction network #01”.
- I participated to the creation of "Ode FanatiQue: Tribute to Friendship of Frank Zappa and Archie Shepp" as a member of the "Freestyle jaZz Quartet".
- I have been selected as “Belgisch talent” by the Belgian platform "Vi.Be", with one of my compositions being broadcast by Studio Brussel: "Onze beste festivalprogrammatoren stellen Belgisch talent aan je voor”; VI.BE ongehoord: Roel Vergauwen selecteert Eidon}”.
- I was resident artist at Expo Bizzart, Leuven, in May - June 2022.
- I'm vocalist in the Belgian-Japanese duo “Mathemorphosis", and vocalist / guitarist / flutist with the reggae band “Fa Wakkas" from Leuven.
A selection of concerts
- November 18, 2018: With the "Vocaal Ensemble Frizant", I played bass guitar in two compositions by Bob Chilcott (“The Echoing Green" and “The Little Boy Lost - The Little Boy Found") and one by Yvette Herryman (“Sigue") at St Servatiuskerk, Berg, Belgium.
- March 20, 2022: Vocalist and bass player at the festival "Get up, stand up tegen racisme" at Ladeuzeplein, Leuven, Belgium.
- September 20, 2021: front-man, vocalist, and flutist at "Slowbiking in Leuven", Bondgenotenlaan, Leuven,
- May 8, 2022: vocalist and guitarist at "Wereldwijkfeest - Yambi Bomoko", Geldenaaksebaan 318-322, 3000 Leuven,
- May 14, 2022, vocalist, guitarist, and flutist at "'t Lampeke groot volksfeest", De Bruul parc, Leuven.
- October 6, 2022: vocalist, guitarist, and flutist at the Rega Institute of the University of Leuven, Leuven.
Other facts about me
- I have a PhD in Applied Sciences (K.U.Leuven). My H-index is 25, my i10-index is 61.
- My research won me an IBM faculty award.
- I have a Gitlab in which I collect the software that I use to create my algorithmic compositions and my videos.